Soaper's Crafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thai herbal massage balls

4 posters

Go down

Thai herbal massage balls Empty Thai herbal massage balls

Post by riaan Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:41 pm

As I am going to Thailand soon I was thinking of these...

Thai herbal massage balls Compress-in-hand-150x150

some info on Thai herbal massage balls

I just loved these and got some the last time I went too... They'd be super easy to make and I am thinking it could just as easily be adapted with other available herbs...

riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

Thai herbal massage balls Empty Re: Thai herbal massage balls

Post by Saltysteele Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:29 pm

those sound very interesting!

probably not there, but to get the ingredients would be kind of cost prohibitive, initially, as you'd have to buy all the ingredients in amounts that would lend to be able to make quite a few.

i guess i'm just too lazy, lately, to find out where to get them all, too Thai herbal massage balls 800334 Thai herbal massage balls 800334

lol

they do sound cool and interesting, though, and would go AWESOME in a spa line!

i think most of our spa/relaxant stuff comes from your part of the world Smile you guys must really know how to relax! lol (well, i know you're originally from south africa, but you know, now, though) Thai herbal massage balls 378843
Saltysteele
Saltysteele

Back to top Go down

Post by riaan Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:42 pm

hmmm and south africans don't know how to relax? just kidding...

i love that you found my second favorite smily too... I work with kids and funny that their fingers so like to stay warm even in a hot country like Taiwan.... Thai herbal massage balls 378843

I was reminded of the massage balls in a roundabout way... I came across this for a baby bath...

original post
Baby Washbags Recipe

Summary:

Use these washbags as a gentle soap-free cleanser for baby.

Ingredients:

Muslin bags
Lavender bud powder
Chamomile powder
Colloidal oatmeal fine
Cornstarch
A few drops of jojoba or other oil

Instructions:

Combine all the ingredients in a blender and thouroughly mix. Pour a small amount into the muslin bag. When bathing baby, soften bag in bath water, then gently squeeze muslin bag over baby and rub lightly with bag.

That's what reminded me of those again... I think maybe you can replace the string on the top with a colorful elastic material sleeve so that it is easier to open the pouch and wash or refill it...

maybe make a premix to sell with the pouches... and they also sold these mini balls in Thailand too... so you can size it appropriately... they also had this herbal milk bath on the same page...

another variant to think of... and or adjust and make better Wink

Herbal Milk Bath Recipe

Summary:

Mild and gentle but make sure child has no allergies to milk or milk products

Ingredients:

1 lb Cornstarch
3 cups Goats Milk Powder
1/4 cup Lavender Powder
1/4 cup Calendula Petal Powder
1/2 cup Chamomile Powder
7 to 10 drops Lavender Essential oil
2 drops Chamomile Essential Oil

Instructions:

Combine lavender powder with lavender oil and add chamomile oil to chamomile powder. Then combine all ingredients and mix well. Use 1 few Tablespoons for a baby size tub and increase for larger tubs and older children. Place mixture in a muslin drawstring bag or tie up in cheesecloth and add to bath water for gentle cleansing, softening and healing of the skin and as an aid to treat restlessness and insomnia.
I package these in cello bags tied with a card with instructions for use and a muslin bag attached.

riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kellie Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:28 pm

I like those massage bags a lot Riaan... hmmm ( can you hear that creaking and groaning?), that is my brain warming up.
Thai herbal massage balls 962597
Kellie
Kellie

http://www.forgetmenotsoapshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by riaan Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:38 pm

haha!! I love to hear that creaking and groaning... I'd like it even better when it whirrs!!! Thai herbal massage balls 454197

to me this just shouts all kinds of possibilities... all kinds of herbal mixes and concoctions come to mind... Wink

just change the normal string tied top to an elastic sleeve that'll look a lot like the one pictured and it'll be very easy to refill and wash and clean the bag... you can sell refills!!
riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

Post by NewAge Nana Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:16 pm

Fascinating!! This idea causes the mind to conjure all sorts of different combos of herbs that could be used for such a thing Smile

NewAge Nana

Back to top Go down

Post by riaan Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:30 pm

I am so glad you like it too Donna... I'm sure you'd have a ton of very good herbal combinations to play with...

I like the idea of also using it as a herbal bath... maybe with added oats etc... you can size the pouch as big as you'd like of course...

and also as a heated massage aid... ooooooh...
riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum