Soaper's Crafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

off for a day at the beach!

4 posters

Go down

off for a day at the beach! Empty off for a day at the beach!

Post by riaan Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:45 am

yahooo.....

off to visit friends and spend an afternoon on the beach...

not all fun and games though... at the same time I have to write and think up a musical score for a christmas play... all student have to have equal lines of around 12 lines each as well as 12 parts to the play...

an African legend no less with a cameo by Santa...

I was thinking of teaching my Taiwanese kids the "Click" song for xmas...! hehe!

also have to make two 30 minute teaching demos.. . with teaching props... busy weekend...

This Lion might not be sleeping tonight...!! Wink

riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

off for a day at the beach! Empty Re: off for a day at the beach!

Post by Kellie Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:31 pm

I like the click song a lot..

I absolutely love the lion sleeps tonight..
Kellie
Kellie

http://www.forgetmenotsoapshop.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saltysteele Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:04 pm

that click song is flipping crazy!! how does she/they do that????
Saltysteele
Saltysteele

Back to top Go down

Post by cwayneu Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:11 am

Very cool music. Thanks. Very Happy
cwayneu
cwayneu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by riaan Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:10 am

I also love this... rediscoveries in my quest for music for my show.... i have also recently been tubing for music to help me wind down after work...

Bret, amazing languages... Zulu has a few clicks... Xhosa more and then the San language is build on clicks... and of course I don't speak any of them... I very barely manage Chinese...

I wrote the script and gave it in on Monday to be told it is not quite what they had in mind... I have to do a rewrite for next Monday... oh happy days!! Today I had my first major rehearsal for the teaching demo and my boss sat in... tomorrow will be the second round... at least that went reasonably well... some minor adjustments to be made... all of this and then the real thing next week... morning classes first afternoon classes a whole other repeat next month... hehe!!

I have the afternoon off before another class tonight... going to have a wee nap before getting tonights teaching material and articles printed out... I should really not always only write about all I haven't done but have to... sorry guys... blowing off steam... Wink
riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

Post by Saltysteele Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:30 am

man, riaan, that sounds pretty stressful!
Saltysteele
Saltysteele

Back to top Go down

Post by riaan Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 am

I think if I can make it through till Friday next week... not this coming one, I'd be OK for a while again... this is some hectic craziness... as usual, they don 't communicate fully what they expect from you... but i try to keep in mind that it is a job and that is really important right now...
riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

Post by cwayneu Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:14 am

Man, I feel for you. I have not forgotten how multipe deadlines and work pressures can bring you to a point of emploding. I don't miss that at all.
cwayneu
cwayneu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by riaan Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:52 pm

Wayne!!

yours were the 1000th post on our forum!

off for a day at the beach! 621262

I had a bit of a breather today... still have a lot of things to do but managed to have some finished earlier today and couldn't be moved to do much else but listen to music tonight... I hear you... emploding is pretty much exactly the feeling I've come close to! But it to shall pass... somehow!

After Friday next week I will be happy to breath a little freer again...

I wish i could only talk soap again... hehe!

I have had an idea after visiting my friends in the country side to rent a house there where they are... about an hour outside Taipei and near the beach... ridiculously cheap... empty 4story houses... and set it up as a weekend get away!... easy to get to and absolutely spacious... it will be cheaper than the small place I'm renting in the city and basically use as a storage space at the moment.. . i used to make soap there but hardly ever do now... maybe i might be better able to take up soaping again when set up in a nice spacious place...

Like everything else there are some other things to be worked out as well... i am currently also thinking of applying for my permanent residency in Taiwan... that will take care of all the visa worries every year and also supply me with an open work visa... after all these years i would be free and not bound by the whims of an employer anymore...

hehe! sweet sweet dreams...!
riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

Post by riaan Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:03 pm

hehe!... for Wayne...

Special star! - by mango groove... Some more African rhythm...

Gotta find music for my play and or ideas...

happy 1000th! Wink

riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

Post by cwayneu Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:48 pm

The 1000th post, I'll be darn. Sorry for the late reply. We have been down in Texas visiting my mom and sister. Just got home Wednesday. We tought going during October would be good, but it is still too hot for us (90+ F everyday). Happy to be back home. off for a day at the beach! 144223
cwayneu
cwayneu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum