Soaper's Crafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

totally off-topic

4 posters

Go down

totally off-topic Empty totally off-topic

Post by Jen Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Does anyone know anything about pouring a concrete stoop or having one poured? We are just wondering what we are in for $$$ to have a 6x6 foot stoop poured (probably about a foot deep). Just wondering. Smile

Jen

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Hand2HandSoapCo

Back to top Go down

totally off-topic Empty Re: totally off-topic

Post by beachbabiesbath Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:35 pm

Jen, I dont know much but I know Lowes has do it yourself clinics and sometimes they offer concrete clinics in our area. Maybe you can check with them or Home Depot.
beachbabiesbath
beachbabiesbath

http://www.beachbabiesbath.com

Back to top Go down

Post by riaan Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Jen, I would go the DIY way... that can't be too expensive... read up on all the tricks of pouring online and as billy said if there is anywhere near you you can pick somebody's brain as how to go about doing it I think that'll be the cheapest... My dad always used to do that himself and he did a great job... wish I picked up more from him then... but I was just a stupid kid running around Wink

I just googled this and it said most of the things I remember my dad doing... so maybe that's a start... Plus I love doing stuff myself...!

How to pour your own concrete patio

They even show you how to calculate the amounts of concrete needed... also advice on contraction joints... important...

I remembered one more thing... my dad always kept the concrete wet as it cured... sounds weird I know but for a while after he'd spray water onto it... every so often .... just remembered that...

I'll be so interested in knowing how it went... photos!! Smile
riaan
riaan

Back to top Go down

Post by cwayneu Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:17 am

Around here to have it done, most can expect to pay $3 to $4 per square foot for a 6" thick garage floor, with steel support screen reinforcements, plus framing and any digging/leveling will be extra. If you really want it 12" thick, you might have to double that number. You could be looking at around $300 to $500, but Michigan might be different. You should call some local contractors to be sure.

You can certainly do it yourself much cheaper, but concrete work is tricky, and can crack and chip quickly with weather if not done right. The Lowes classes may be just the ticket.
cwayneu
cwayneu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:25 am

Something tells me that DIY may end up a PIA since hubby isn't crazy on the idea and has never done it before. I just envision a lot of cursing. I think it would be a drawn out project taking up the whole summer. I want someone to pull up a cement truck, drag their pour spout over and let the cement fly (prep ahead of course). My husband's talents lie in technology and electronic things. Not home improvement. Not that he can't learn, though. It's been 22 years, I don't see it changing.

Jen

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Hand2HandSoapCo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum