Soaper's Crafts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How good are random soap supplies supposed to last for?

2 posters

Go down

How good are random soap supplies supposed to last for? Empty How good are random soap supplies supposed to last for?

Post by Jessica22 Thu May 26, 2011 3:14 pm

I've been into soap making for a long time, but it isn't something I profit from. I tried to sell on gothic and goth auctions website's years and years ago -- maybe 10 or more now, as well as some other places online, including my own website. However, this was kinda before that sort of thing was common place as it is today. After having moved a few times my stuff ended up in storage.

Jessica22

Back to top Go down

How good are random soap supplies supposed to last for? Empty Re: How good are random soap supplies supposed to last for?

Post by cwayneu Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:10 pm

We have never found any good shelf life information on supplies. We are primarily CP makers and have used tallow as old as six months. As long as it does not smell rancid we assume it;s OK. We have used lye that was almost two years old. None of this stuff, including FO's, ever seem to publish shelf life info. If it looks and smells OK, it is probably OK. Lotions and creams on the other hand can go bad within a few months. Again, go by look and smell.
cwayneu
cwayneu
Admin

Back to top Go down